There is still time to sign up for the Medieval Garden and Labyrinth Internship (HIST 398)!
Working with a faculty director and Loyola’s Facilities (Division of Facilities Management), help to design and implement improvements and expansions of Loyola’s Medieval Garden and Labyrinth.
There are many directions your research and project may take you, e.g.:
* research and implement ways to make the Labyrinth more permanent
* develop didactic materials or presentations for different audiences (public, preschool, students…)
* research plants and varieties to be planted in the vegetable or flower gardens this spring, track down heirloom varieties
* liase with Environmental or Sustainability groups on campus, Farmers Markets
* help design and construct terraces, fencing, trellises, sculpture or other medieval style “hardscape” for the garden
* design and mount permanent website(s) for Garden and Labyrinth linked to LUC’s Medieval Studies; incorporate earlier students’ research and add your own
Contact Dr Gross-Diaz (email@example.com) if you are interested.