- Serving as a docent at the museum on weekends (1 to 4 pm);
- Working with collections: sorting and organizing documents, accessioning photographs, objects, and documents, as well as scanning photographs and documents into our PastPerfect database;
- Working in the field, including photographing storefronts, recording information about current businesses;
- Researching information about buildings, including permit date, builder, architect, orignal and subsequent owners;
- Researching other aspects of Edgewater history, writing one or more articles for the Society's quarterly newsletter.
For students not interested in a formal internship, volunteer opportunities are available on a more limited basis.
Because our society is run by volunteers and has no paid staff, we look for students who can work independently.
For more information or to apply for an internship, please contact LeRoy Blommaert by email (jlcochran1886@yahoo.